I've got a couple of fun paintings inspired by India in my shop right now that you should definitely check out, but here is my inspiration piece for this room-
|Available at http://www.etsy.com/listing/33002218/indian-elephant-named-henry-original|
What I really love about this painting is the vibrancy and the gender-neutrality. Why limit girls to pink and boys to blue when there is a rainbow of colors they are just beginning to explore?!
To continue the theme, check out these handmade items from the talented artists on Etsy:
1. Swaddle your little one cheerful color with this Orange and Pink Paisley and Pink Minkie Paisley Blanket and Burp Cloth Set by LaurelWhite.
2. This coconut was skillfully drilled to show a beautiful Mehndi pattern when illuminated. Nighttime isn't so scary with a pretty light like this! Lace Paisley - night light (Made to Order) by Ultraviolet Cosmonaut
3. Baby can meet that other baby in the mirror with this cute Tangerine scallop mirror or frame by Uncommon
4. This sweet little doll was made to play with IndiraHanuman-Mumbai, India by Meoneil
5. Show your little one that mommies love their babies with Naani's Lullaby PRINT by Deezden
6. This orange damask fabric can be custom ordered for a darling crib set to compliment your Indian decor.The Early Bird Custom Baby Bedding Set by Babylovin
7. This tiny elephant is adorned with beads and sequins that twinkle like your baby's eyes.Vintage Framed Unique Fabric Stuffed Sequin and Beaded Elephant Picture by Paris2nc
8. Available in a variety of colors, these stuffed elephants are too fun to pass up!Turquoise blue elephant with rhinestones and embroidery by PINKSUGA
9. The sari side is cool to the touch while the minky side is warm and cuddly, and these blankets are machine washable too! Indie Blankets by BohoHaute
So what do you think?Would you spice up your baby's room with Indian decor?
On the topic of global chic, are there other cultures that you'd like to see in nursery decor?
Are there other themes you would like to see for a baby's room?
I can't wait to hear what you have to say! Leave comments, ideas, suggestions....here and I will try to respond to all.