Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Gift Ideas for Book Lovers and Readers

Maybe its just my family, but it seems like there are a lot of avid readers out there to shop for this holiday season.  If you are shopping for someone who enjoys reading, a gift certificate to a bookstore is nice.... but pretty anticlimactic.  To show that you really put some thought into a gift, why not try one of these fun items?  Whether your budget is big or small, there is something in this collection worth considering.  All items shown are found on Etsy (just click on the picture to link to the shop) and are handmade by talented artisans around the world.  No overcrowded stores, no waiting in line, no worries about giving the same gift as someone else!



This lovely antiqued brass locket necklace by DayDreamDesigns09 is called "Love Stories".  I love that the swallows appear to be holding the book up, wouldn't this be a charming and romantic gift for a literary lady?







Here are some beautiful canvas bookmarks printed from original illustrations by Studiomme.  Do you recognize Hamlet in the center?  Choose from several original designs.  The perfect size and price for a unique stocking stuffer.







If your gift recipient is into comic books, check out Gabriel Hardman's shop.  He is selling the original illustrated pages from the "Agents of Atlas" series he drew for Marvel!









  If you own a cat and want him or her to read, why not order the Frogbag's cat toy which appears to be a Fossil Guide!










The 20minutegift thought of everything a reader might enjoy with this gift bag.  The set includes a hand-painted bookmark, soothing piano music, and gourmet tea in a lovely gift bag at a great price!









Getting snuggly in a luxurious afghan with a good book is heavenly.  Everytime your gift recipient uses this ecru boucle afghan by Northernlodge, he or she will think of you.











How about some jewelry for that book?  Birder1 has a whole collection of Bling bookmarks for the booklover who enjoys a little sparkle.









Australian Feathers Bookmark by NaturesArtMelbourne











A Lovestory Set of 4 Frameable Notecards by Crescent Creations












Airplant Terrarium Bookends by LBrandt







KazyKreationz makes this silver turquoise glass beaded bookmark









Please comment on this collection, and if you would like to be featured in my next blog you must do the following:
1.  Leave a comment about your favorite item from this blog
2.  Go to this Etsy forum thread http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=6373159 and share your item for next weeks' theme- Celebrating Winter!

Thanks for reading and happy holidays to you!!!

11 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring my beaded bookmark. Probably my favorite from your post would be the airplant terrarium bookends. I love plants and that is a unique way to use the little airplants.
    http://KayzKreationz.blogspot.com
    http://KayzKreationz.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO appreciate you including me! What a great idea to gather a readers themed collection for the lover of words. I love reading and I love your compilation. How fun!

    Thanks again!

    Lindsay Brandt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for including my kitty toy! Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having a really hard time picking a favorite, but I do love the Feline's Guide to Fossils!

    sugarrose.etsy.com
    poshbijou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely collection!!!
    Thank you for showing the beauty of feathers in my bookmarks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff! I love the cat toy because, well, it just makes sense that if you're going to have a cat it might as well be a well read one.

    And, thanks for including my "Bling" bookmark.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the airplant terrarium!!!
    wishwithme.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for including my bookmarks. I love the airplant terrarium too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely! I think my favorite is the afghan. I've always had a thing for blankets an throws and all those nice, snuggly items like that. *Smile*

    http://gilliauna.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought the Feline's Guide to Fossils, and I can't wait for the cat to open it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cat's book is great, I know some cats who would love that:) but I really need a snuggly afghan.

    Love this idea of gifts for readers!

    ReplyDelete