Thursday, November 26, 2009

Stocking Stuffers for Saint Nicholas Day

Saint Nicholas Day is December 6, which isn't too far off!  My family is German-American, and we consider this day a pretty important precursor to Christmas.  Its a nice way to start the day with a treat, spend some time together as a family, and get into the Christmas spirit.  Our stockings would hang on the mantle, and overnight by magic they would be filled with all kinds of goodies like chocolate, coloring books, holiday jewelry, and tiny stuffed animals.  There would also be a little reminder in our stockings that my sisters, brother and I had not always been good throughout the year.  Traditionally it would be coal, but we got onions instead.  Onions still have that power to make me reflect on how I behave and treat others.

I still believe in the magic of Saint Nicholas Day, and am looking forward to filling my husband's stocking with goodies this year.  Since I am shopping for stocking stuffers, I thought I should share my findings with you.  Here are my recommendations for a well-packed stocking:


1.


Winter Kids Love Snow Coloring Book
A great product for children young and old.





2. Lump of Coal Glycerin Soap 
to remind that certain someone to mind their manners.






3. 
Posh Cranberry Ginger Jam  
because everyone likes something sweet and the color is so festive!




4.Gingerbread Girl Pin
Totally adorable :)





5. Unicorn on a Cotton Candy Cloud Mini Painting and Easel 
Perfect for the desk or dresser of a little girl.




6. Set of 6 Marbled Little Men Crayons 
paired with the coloring book- too perfect!





perfect size for a stocking and you can never have too many!


Leave me a comment, let me know what you think about this selection or share what you will be using as stocking stuffers this year :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment